Monday, October 5, 2009

built in security feature

I had to run out this afternoon to grab a card from the grocery store. Since it would be a quick trip and I would only be in the store for a minute, I had my mother's helper (Hanna) come with me so she could wait in the car with Autumn and Charlee. Hanna helped Autumn into her carseat and I was going to buckle her in from the front seat. As I climbed into the driver seat, Autumn became worried. She had a terrified look on her face while repeating, mama, my carseat! mama, my carseat! She usually says carseat as I'm putting Charlee into the car but I realized when I turned around that she was not referring to Charlee but her own carseat as she frantically tried to put her arms through the restraints unassisted. She thought we were going to leave her unbuckled! It's good to know that I have that built in security feature should I ever "really forget" to buckle her in.

No comments:

Post a Comment