Tuesday, February 2, 2010

you'll burn your eyes out kid

I don't like to think that I threaten Autumn very often but a while back I noticed she was staring into the sky and I worried she might be looking at the sun. I told her that it was dangerous to look at the sun because it burns our eyes. That was it. No further discussion. I didn't even mention that looking at the sun causes us to go blind like my parent's did with me when I was young because that was scary to hear. No need to traumatize her. She wasn't even 2 at the time. She just said "oh". Today she ran into the kitchen and this time of year the sun shines right into our southerly facing kitchen window all afternoon. It temporarily blinded her. She immediately put her hands over her eyes and exclaimed, "oh no mom, I burn eyes!






No comments:

Post a Comment