Wednesday, February 3, 2010

charlee rolled over!

I now see why Jason always says "second one always gets the shaft." When Autumn rolled over for the first time, she had my undivided-camera-in-hand attention. When Charlee rolled over for the first time, I missed it! Of course it has a lot to do with the fact that I have to split my attention between two babies. When Autumn was reaching all of her infant milestones, 95% of my attention was focused on her (5% for me). Now that Charlee is here, she gets about 80% of my attention, Autumn gets about 19.5% and that leaves about a half of a percent for me. When Charlee rolled over it was during that 19.5% that was being directed at Autumn. I had just finished changing Charlee's diaper and she was awaiting a feeding so I left her on the carpet in the living room and went to "release" Autumn from her bumbo chair and clean her up from her peanut butter and jelly sandwich which she had managed to get everywhere. I had literally only turned my back for about a minute and when I looked back, Charlee was on her stomach! I was overjoyed!

Here is a picture of Charlee perfecting her "happy baby" yoga pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment