Thursday, September 30, 2010

Seahurst Park

One of my favorite memories from being a kid were the picnics we went on. They weren't real picnics because we would usually get Spud's on Alki and just take it to the park and eat it but they were still experiences I remember.
 Today, I packed us a picnic and we went to Seahurst Park (pretty near to where I grew up). We wanted to squeeze one more day of fun in with Alan and Jean before they had to leave so they came with us.
 There's not much to do at Seahurst Park, it's basically just a beach but it was a pretty day and Autumn enjoyed looking for shells in the sand and watching the boats go by.
 Autumn sure loves spending time with Uncle Alan.
 Mommy and Charlee
 Autumn falling down in the sand.
 Charlee posing on a piece of driftwood.
 My brother is so strong. He can hold up the moon without even breaking a sweat!
 The happy couple. Alan and Jean.
Mmmm, lunch time.
 The fall colors are starting to appear.
 Some seagulls trying to take our lunch from us. The Olympic Mountains are in the background.
Uncle Alan is trying to help Charlee walk.
 Autumn wants to take her turkey sandwich with her.
 Autumn and Aunt Jean picking wildflowers...dandelions.
 Autumn gave her dandelion to Charlee.
 Autumn found some more dandelions.
It's amazing how much fun you can have with something so simple. Of course, we had to stop and get blizzards on our way home. I wish I'd gotten a picture of Autumn having her first blizzard. What a treat that was for her! We can't wait until Alan and Jean come for another visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment