Monday, January 11, 2010

duel checkups


When I tried to make Charlee's 4 month check-up in the beginning of December the soonest they could see her was January 4th so I thought I might as well just have them make it the 11th so Autumn could be seen too. Not taking the first available appointment worked to my advantage in more ways than one. We got the coveted first appointments of the day! Woo hoo! So I was able to have Dr N see Autumn for her 2 year checkup and Charlee for her 4 month checkup back-to-back (I wish I could schedule more things this way). Dr N tells me that most 2 year olds have a vocabulary of around 50 words but he remembers her having at least that many at her 1 year check-up. Some highlights from the visit included Dr N commenting on Charlee's hair: "that's the most hair I have ever seen on an infant in my 11 years of practicing", Autumn got 2 Elmo stickers and a book, and no vaccinations. Although they were both due for some sort of immunization, the fridge had died during the weekend and all of the contents had to be thrown out and they wouldn't be getting any shots today. Oh well, guess I have to go back later this week after all. Boo!

Dr N tells me that Charlee's genes are catching up to her and she appears to be on a track to be tall and skinny like her sister. This makes me sad that she won't be my little chunky monkey forever. I've always loved her chubby thighs and cheeks that Autumn never had. Both of their growth's looked great. Here are the stats:

Autumn

weight: 24 lbs, 13 oz (25%)
height: 2'11" (86%)
head: 48 cm (65%)
bmi: 14.04

Charlee

weight: 14 lbs, 10 oz (49%)
height: 2'2" (87%)
head: 43 cm (85%)
bmi: 15.15

No comments:

Post a Comment